Monday 22 August 2011

Scribble Domain - something old, something new


I think it started with this  or maybe even this . . . . long afternoons in bed with a fine liner and pad of paper,  scribbling and doodling away. Kind of frees the mind. I've been wanting to get back to something cleaner, less fussy, more abstract. Like  sorbet after a lot of rich food.

So scribbling on paper led me to start scribbling in Photoshop with the mouse. I love that slightly wobbly line and it's a fascinating and truly rewarding experience, trying to get exactly the right arrangement of lines and space. That is what all art is of course but this seems to resonate more deeply with me than anything more representional. 
I wonder what happens when you take that scribble and do this . . . . .


Aha, you get one of those . . . . how interesting . . . ..


Hmmm, and now lets try this . . . . .  I was very pleased with the results. In fact I was so pleased with the results that I put them altogether in an Etsy shop and called it Scribble Domain. I have already sold a print to a lady called Lisa who lives in the States and who very kindly sent me a photo of it in her living room. Tres chic, don't you think?




That was a few weeks ago but I've been playing around with some new shapes and ideas and I seemed to be getting a kind of a Mid Century / Modernist vibe coming through. Oh deep joy!!!




For these two I used  oil pastel to do a shape which I then turned into a Photoshop stamp. Much cleaning of the scanner plate needed after that! I know, I know, I should have used a fixative and waited, blah, blah, blah, but I don't really do waiting. Maybe next time eh? So there we are, Scribble Domain, a new playground for me to try stuff out in. I will be trying out card and notebook designs at some point . . . .  I do, in fact,  have one notebook already listed and tons of ideas buzzing round my head. 


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy with my print & left you feedback on etsy. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...