Tuesday 10 July 2012

Putting Stuff in my Scanner Part III - Spoons

  

Yes, Hector, I really do put spoons in my scanner. I'd probably put the cat in the scanner if I could get hold of him! Having had some success with this so far I'll admit I'm looking at everything with a speculative eye. 

So, the spoons  . . . .  the scanner was being pissy with me the day I did this and kept cutting the edge off one of them. In the end I thought, sod it, I'll work with it as it is. Got to love the accidental . . . . 




 This is one of those things that I've just got to live with for a while. Most of all I need to do some test prints and stick them up on the wall and live with those for a while. It's the ultimate test . . . .  the weaknesses and strengths of a piece will always show if you give it time.
 

 Here I had printed the spoon out, hand stitched the paper and re-scanned. More food for thought. Like with the gloves, the story needs to tell itself and right now I have only a small inkling of what that might be. All too often the temptation is to poke it and push it. It's like making an omelette . . .  let it set and you've got something good, poke it too much and you've got scambled eggs.  One more instalment of 'Stuff I put in my Scanner' to come . . . . till then . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...